If we love each other, God lives in us, and His love has been brought to full expression through us. 1 John 4:12

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Business of Being Born



Borrowed a movie from our friend Katie a few weeks back but since I had the surgery I had not been "in the mood" to watch anything dealing with hospitals. Since we had our U/S yesterday we finally felt ready and interested to give it a look. The Business of Being Born is a great documentary film and the reason why I wanted to use a midwife for my pregnancy and delivery. I'm not so granola (or brave) as to go with a home-birth but I see the appeal. Working in the medical field, I have some paranoia about what can go wrong so I feel more comfortable giving birth at the hospital and I do like the fact that our clinic at Evergreen has both midwives and OBGYNs as well, this was especially important when my ovarian cyst was discovered and Dr. Dise did a superb job with the surgery. My dream labor and delivery would be as natural as possible, but I realize that things sometimes don't always go as we plan so I'm just praying for the best and hoping for a safe and healthy delivery and baby by whatever means is in God's plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment